USPS adds Ground Advantage to compete with UPS Ground
Good news! USPS is now offering a cheaper option for heavier packages, similar to UPS Ground in both price & shipment time.
Starting July 9, 2023, USPS introduced a new service, USPS Ground Advantage™. This service is cost-effective for sending larger packages within the U.S. Here's what you should know:
- Packages up to 70lbs can be shipped in 2-5 business days
- Insurance up to $100 is automatically included
- Hazardous materials CAN be shipped using Ground Advantage
- Rates start at just $4.75 at USPS™ locations. However, you can get lower prices when using online services like Shippo
- Extends to all 50 states, including U.S. military bases, territories, possessions, and Freely Associated States.
We're excited to see how this new service pans out. Happy selling!